The shoulder is the highly flexible joint in the body, and most prone to injury. It is not a rare fact that so many people find the possibility of undergoing shoulder replacement surgery. However, there are several alternatives that may help you avoid shoulder surgery and will also avert the side effects and risks associated with the surgery. The most common risks of shoulder surgery might include; loss of range-of-motion, nerve damage, infections.
Rotator Cuff Exercises
The rotator cuff muscles are four muscles within the shoulder region that are often times the root cause of certain shoulder ailments. If the rotator cuffs are damaged, physical therapy can be a choice that can reduce or even terminate the shoulder pain and the other ailments. The essential exercises for the rotator cuff muscles are usually termed as internal and external rotations. You can start your physical therapy with light resistance and gradual increase in the workout as the muscles strengthen. If you experience any sort of pain and uneasiness in the shoulder decrease the amount of weight and resistance during the workout
Stem cell therapy
There are few medical centers that have initiated utilizing a practical, new medical procedures that uses the stem cells and platelets. The use of stem cells and PRP therapy serves to be the best alternative of shoulder surgery and addresses the problems arising from common injuries such as rotator cuff, shoulder labrum, arthritis and a several other degenerative shoulder issues. The best thing for opting stem cell therapy as an alternative to shoulder surgery that it requires little or no recovery time for most of the patients. The stem cell and PRP therapy take benefit of your body’s own healing process to regenerate and repair the damaged tissues. The stem cell and PRP therapy are relatively modern procedures, but has shown to be highly efficient and serve to be the best alternative to a variety of traditional shoulder surgeries
Treating with heat and ice
For the shoulder problems that are easily tolerable, treating with ice and heat is a better alternative. With plenty of rest and applying ice compresses can work wonders. Initially you need to apply ice for 20 minutes at a time and giving a break of 20 minutes in between. Carry on the application for a couple of days with complete rest of the shoulder. Soon after the ice therapy you can switch to heat therapy.
While playing, doing some tiresome work or involved in some other activity, you might get yourself in some acute shoulder injury. Knowing you have get struck by a shoulder injury, if it is not taken care of properly it can lead you shoulder arthritis, torn rotator cuff, shoulder bursitis, tendonitis etc. Some, who are concerned about this issue, think opting for shoulder surgery would be the escape route that will give you the relief from the pain you face in this injury.
What are the common shoulder injuries?
Some of the common injuries that the people face are mentioned below:
- Inflammation that occurs between one shoulder bone and the other, a tendon or the skin
- Inflammation of the ropy fibers through which the bone and the muscles are connected
- A Muscle strain
- A frozen shoulder condition in which a person’s mobility is either stopped or lessened landing him/her in a somewhat frustration condition
Stem cell therapy treatment will serve as a long term relief and keep you away from opting any shoulder surgery that will not only be a risk for the cure of your injury but will also take longer period of time to obtain relief.
In case you are suffering from rotator cuff injury the pain symptoms include:
- A dull ache in the shoulder
- It becomes difficult to comb your hair reaching behind your back
- The chronic pain is felt along arm weakness
- It becomes problematic for you to sleep as you are unable to lie on your affected shoulder
Today stem cell therapy is chosen when it comes to opting for shoulder surgery. Hence the conditions that are treated with stem cells include:
Common conditions Treated With Stem cell Procedures
- Rotator cuff tears
- Arthritis of the shoulder joint
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Labral tears or degeneration
- Rotator cuff tendonitis
- AC Joint Separation
- Recurrent shoulder dislocations
With the aforementioned conditions, it shows that stem cell injections only qualify for healing the injured bones, ligaments, tendons and tissues
In case you or any of your loved one is suffering from debilitating sports injuries and looking for a safe and cost-effective treatment, get a professional advice from Dr. Zaki Anwar by placing an appointment at 815-464- 7212. He is a world renowned Pain Medicine Physician who has been practicing stem cell injection therapies for the past several years with remarkable results.
Rotator Cuff tears is a painful shoulder pain condition that occurs as a result of damaged muscles located around the shoulder. This condition happens when the Rotator cuff fails to function the way it usually does. The reason why that happens is generally because of the broken or fraying tissue located on the shoulder ball socket – responsible for most of the movement functions that happen. Furthermore, in this article, we will discuss how Rotator cuff tears can be provided with the ultimate cure and how can you keep the pain from ever occurring in the future.
A lot of people prefer treating the pain in their body with a few basic home remedies; but sometimes the painful condition, that has been causing pain all this time requires just a few more tactics to go away – the tactics, like the treatments, mentioned below:
- Arthroscopic Tendon Repair – Just as the name says, this procedure requires a micro sized camera, that is made enter the shoulder through small incisions. Then through these incisions, damaged and torn muscle is re-attached to the bone; resulting as restoration of the muscles, allowing it to heal faster and better.
- Open Tendon Surgery – Sometimes, when the patient is unlucky, the minor problem might turn out as something more severe and more painful. When the damage around the shoulder is major, so open tendon surgery proves to be the right Shoulder surgery treatment for that time. During this surgery, a larger incision is made which makes way for the tendon to be attached to the shoulder socket. This particular procedure takes a lot of time to heal, but the results are surely positive.
- Bone Spur Removal – Sometimes, an overgrown bone can cause trouble to the rotator cuff and can eventually add to painful situations. This problem can be cured, with the help of Bone Spur Removal treatment, the grown bone can be removed and because this is a surgery, this will repair the whole tendon that has been through damage and will be soothed, to ensure that no pain in the future, persists.
- Tendon Transfer – If the broken tendon is severely damaged and cannot be repaired, then surgeons decide to take tendon of the nearby muscle as a replacement.
5. Shoulder Replacement Surgery – Going through extremely severe rotator cuff injuries may even result as a replacement in the whole shoulder. This procedure requires an artificial shoulder to replace the original one and has been trending a lot lately, as a successful shoulder replacement surgery procedure.